We've all heard about the LED bulbs, but few know what they really are, what its advantages are, and how they work. This prevents this lighting option to have an acceptance that deserves to be taken advantage of, by all.In this article we solve most common questions on this technology to get you started to enjoy its benefits.
How do LED lightbulbs work?
This type of bulbs does not generate plenty of heat as halogen bulbs since its operation is based on a driver that replaces the energy saving ballast.
Just be careful to use the proper voltage (12v, 127v, 220v).
How long does this kind of bulb last?
This type of light bulbs has an approximate average lifespan of between 30,000 and 50,000 hours on average.
Are they eco-friendly?
You can say for sure that this type of luminaires is ecological because:
- This technology is one of the most economical choices today because it allows you to save from 30% to 80% of the energy that a halogen bulb occupies.
- They do not contain any material or substance harmful to health.
- The bulbs of this type are biodegradable.
Why are they better?
- One of its main advantages is the lowest consumption of energy generated.
- They have a wide variety of styles since they are made of a more malleable material than halogen bulbs, this allows manufacturing them in a variety of models.
- They emit a slightly brighter light, and therefore better illuminated. To avoid being annoying or aggressive with the view, they come with a cover.
- They allow to choose between warm light or white light, the warm is to make it more pleasant to the eye and the white is for a more powerful lighting.
Are they dangerous?
They do not imply any kind of danger, in case of breaking there is no danger with the release of some steam since they are made of polycarbonate (a very resistant plastic) unlike halogens or energy saving bulbs.
How much energy do they spend?
Generated consumption depends on the voltage of the bulb, there are:
- 5 watts: for a patio or bathroom.
- 7-10 watts: for a bedroom.
- 13-16: for kitchens or offices.
How do I know if they are worth it?
To find out if a LED bulb is the choice for you we recommend checking the function given to it since sometimes a halogen can give you a better function than a LED but depending on your particular situation.
In general, we can tell you that:
- LED lightbulbs have a good performance in all types of areas or places.
- Halogen/incandescent bulbs worth more than anything when the client does not have budget to purchase more expensive bulbs.
Where can I buy them?
You can find this type of technology available in a variety in our shop of El Surtidor Eléctrico de Monterrey and in convenience stores.
We hope this article has been useful. If you are interested to learn more about various subjects of lighting, we invite you to read other articles from our blog.